1) Define your values – remember this is what you are willing to enforce and live to…so make certain that you
can and will do just that.
2) If you post it, you MUST practice it – walk the talk and talk the walk
3) Integrate it into your workplace – measure it and incorporate it into your everyday processes
4) Watch for the “slippery slope” – make certain that there is a “line in the sand” aver which NO ONE can step…once beyond that line things tend to get a bit slippery
5) Be above reproach – Stay WAY above your line in the sand. It makes it easier to live with that line every day.
6) Get past your self-protective behavior – you are going to make mistakes. When you do own up to them promptly, it is far better for you, your organization and all of those folks you work with on a regular basis.
Casey Roberts, ACSR, AFIS, CIC
Laurus Insurance Consulting